Osho has spoken on almost all the subjects related to meditation.On this page we have compiled a list of 21 Osho Quotes which we have divided into 2 areas: Osho quotes on Life, Osho quotes on Love and Osho quotes on Courage. Almost all the Osho Quotes have been taken from his extempore talks given live to his audience over the three decades.
Similarly all his books are transcribed from his live discourses to his audience, except one or two exceptions, where his letters to his close friends or disciples were compiled and published as books. His unique viewpoint on different aspects of life have turned into highly insightful quotes. Hope you find these Osho quotes to be of great value and insights. Here are these Osho quotes:
Qsho Quotes on Life
- “I am very strange in a way because you cannot categorize me. There are three categories—theist, atheist, agnostic. There is no fourth category—and I belong to the fourth, the unnamed category. I have looked, searched. I have not found God, true, but I have found something far more significant: godliness.” — Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic
- If you go on throwing responsibility on the other, remember that you will always remain a slave because nobody can change the other.” — Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance
- “Man needs a better body, a healthier body. Man needs a more conscious, alert being. Man needs all kinds of comforts and luxuries that existence is ready to deliver. Existence is ready to give you paradise here now, but you go on postponing it—always to after death.” — Body Mind Balancing: Using Your Mind to Heal Your Body
- “Nobody can say anything about you. Whatsoever people say is about themselves. But you become very shaky, because you are still clinging to a false center. That false center depends on others, so you are always looking to what people are saying about you. And you are always following other people, you are always trying to satisfy them. You are always trying to be respectable, you are always trying to decorate your ego. This is suicidal.” — Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within
- “All the meditations that I have devised are meant for a single purpose: to throw you from head into your heart, somehow to pull you out of the mire of the head into the freedom of the heart, somehow to make you aware that you are not just the head.” — Emotional Wellness: Transforming Fear, Anger, and Jealousy into Creative Energy
- “What are your emotions, your moods, your sentiments? What is your whole mind—just a turmoil. And because of this turmoil you cannot see your own nature. You go on missing yourself.” — Emotions: Freedom from Anger, Jealousy and Fear
- “Intimacy simply means that the doors of the heart are open for you, you are welcome to come in and be a guest. But that is possible only if you have a heart which is not stinking with repressed sexuality, which is not boiling with all kinds of perversions, which is natural—as natural as trees, as innocent as children. Then there is no fear of intimacy.” — Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
- “If you feel that what cannot be explained by the intellect does not exist, then you are a “nonbeliever”. Then you disallow mystery, then you disallow intuition to speak to you. — Intuition: Knowing Beyond Logic
- “I say this to you on my own authority: Human beings can be happy, more happy than the birds, more happy than the trees, more happy than the stars—because human beings have something which no tree, no bird, no star, has. They have consciousness.” — Joy: The Happiness That Comes from Within
- “The first thing—the most fundamental—to be understood is that you are already in God. It is not a question of being in God, you are already there. Just as the fish is in the ocean, you are in God. God simply means the existence, that which exists.”— Living on Your Own Terms: What Is Real Rebellion
- “Watching is meditation. What you watch is irrelevant. You can watch the trees, you can watch the river, you can watch the clouds, you can watch children playing around. Watching is meditation. What you watch is not the point; the object is not point. The quality of observation, the quality of being aware and alert—that’s what meditation is.” — Meditation: The First and Last Freedom
- “Sex should be accepted as a normal, natural thing in life—just as sleep, as hunger, as everything else. Furthermore, sex can be joined with meditation, and once sex can be joined with meditation its whole quality changes. Sex without meditation can only reproduce children. Sex with meditation can give you a new birth, can make you a new human being.” — Sex Matters Osho
- “For those who want to live, not think about it; to love, not to think about it; to be, not to philosophize about it—there is no other alternative. Drink the juices of the present moment, squeeze it totally because it is not going to come back again. Once gone, it is gone forever.”— Tarot in the Spirit of Zen
- “Live life in its totality. And living in the world, don’t be of it. Live in the world like a lotus flower in water: it lives in water, but the water touches it not.” — The Book of Wisdom
- “Jesus’ word for repent simply means “return”, it does not mean repentance at all. It means, turn in, return to the source. It means, return to your own being. That’s what meditation is all about: returning to the source, returning to the center of the cyclone, returning to your very being.” — The Mustard Seed: The Revolutionary Teachings of Jesus
- “You are not accidental. Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it. That’s what gives you dignity, that the whole existence will miss you. The stars and sun and moon, the trees and birds and earth—everything in the universe will feel a small place is vacant which cannot be filled by anybody except you.” — Osho Zen Tarot
- “What is Courage? In the beginning there is no big difference between the coward and the courageous person. Both have fear. The difference is, the coward listens to his fears and follows them. The courageous person puts them aside and goes ahead. The fears are there, he knows them, but the courageous person goes into the unknown in spite of all the fears. Courage does not mean fearlessness, but going into the unknown in spite of all the fears.” — Courage: The joy of Living Dangerously
Osho Quotes on Love
Here are four beautiful Osho Quotes on Love. Hope you like them:
- “Rather than thinking how to get love, start giving. If you give, you get. Everybody is interested in getting and nobody seems to enjoy giving… Love is not a business, so stop being businesslike.” — Being in Love Osho
- “Love is not what is ordinarily understood by the word. The ordinary love is just a masquerade; something else is hiding behind it. The real love is a totally different phenomenon. The ordinary love is a demand, the real love is a sharing. It knows nothing of demand; it knows the joy of giving.”—Love Freedom and Aloneness
- “Tantra teaches you to reclaim respect for the body, love for the body. Tantra teaches you to look at the body as the greatest creation of God. Tantra is the religion of the body. Of course it goes higher, but it never leaves the body; it is grounded there.” — Tantra: the Supreme Understanding
- “Remember, when you are deeply in love your mind ceases to be. There is no past; only the present moment becomes everything. When you are in love the present is the only time, the now is all—no past, no future. — Book of Secrets Osho
Osho Quotes on Courage
Here are insightful Osho Quotes on Courage from his book: “Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously“:
Life is not a mechanical process. It cannot be certain. It is an unpredictable mystery. Nobody knows what is going to happen the next moment. Not even God that you think resides somewhere in the Seventh Heaven, not even He, if He is there, not even He knows what is going to happen, because if he knows what is going to happen then life is just bogus, then everything is written beforehand, then everything is destined beforehand.
No, nothing is secure. That is my message. Nothing can be secure, because a secure life will be worse than death. Nothing is certain. Life is full of uncertainties, full of surprises, that is its beauty! You can never come to a moment when you can say, “Now I am certain.” When you say you are certain, you simply declare your death, you have committed suicide. Life goes on moving with a thousand and one uncertainties. That’s its freedom. Don’t call it insecurity. I can understand why mind calls freedom insecurity.
- When death knocks at your door, all your certainties will be simply riddles and foolish.
Don’t cling to any certainty. Life is uncertain, its very nature is uncertain. And an intelligent man always remains uncertain. This very readiness to remain in uncertainty is courage. This very readiness to be in uncertainty is trust. An intelligent person is one who remains alert whatsoever the situation and responds to it with his whole heart. Not that he knows what is going to happen; not that he knows that ‘do this’ and ‘that will happen’.
You come to me seeking knowledge; you want set formulas so that you can cling to them. I don’t give you any. In fact, if you have any I take them away. By and by, I destroy your certainty; by and by, I make you more and more hesitant; by and by, I make you more and more insecure. That is the only thing that has to be done. That’s the only thing a master needs to do! To leave you in total freedom. In total freedom, with all the possibilities opening, nothing fixed, you will have to be aware. Nothing else is possible. This is what I call understanding. If you understand, insecurity is an intrinsic part of life, and good that it is so, because it makes life a freedom, it makes life a continuous surprise. One never knows what is going to happen. It keeps you continuously in wonder. Don’t call it uncertainty, call it wonder. Don’t call it insecurity, call it freedom.
We are sure that you will be these Osho quotes to be of immense value in your spiritual journey. We wish you all the best for the same. Remember, Osho’s entire message can be condensed in a single word, and that is “Meditation”.